Does my Social Security card count as proof of Citizenship?
The following will not be accepted as secondary evidence of U.S. citizenship: Voter registration card. Army discharge paper. Social Security Card.
What can you use to show proof of Citizenship?
You are a U.S. citizen if you have a:
- Birth certificate showing birth in the United States;
- Form N-550, Certificate of Naturalization;
- Form N-560, Certificate of Citizenship;
- Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of United States Citizen; or.
- Valid unexpired U.S. passport.
Does a driver’s license count as proof of Citizenship?
The following must be accepted as sufficient documentary evidence of citizenship: … (4) A valid State-issued driver’s license if the State issuing the license requires proof of U.S. citizenship, or obtains and verifies a SSN from the applicant who is a citizen before issuing such license.
What documents do I need to apply for U.S. citizenship?
Documents to submit with your N-400 Application for Naturalization
- Proof of Green Card Holder (Permanent Resident) status. …
- Your application fee payment. …
- Proof of your current marital status. …
- Proof of your identity. …
- Proof of your military service. …
- Proof of any medical disability you have. …
- A fee-reduction application.
Can I use my expired passport as proof of citizenship?
Keep in mind, applicants can use an expired passport as either evidence of citizenship or photo ID, not both. No matter what evidence you decide to provide, you’ll need to supply the documents in person, as well as submit photocopies of both your proof of citizenship and your photo ID.
Is certificate of Citizenship same as birth certificate?
You should have been issued a Certificate of Naturalization at the time you became a citizen. This is essentially the same as a birth certificate for purposes of obtaining other ID documents. If your Certificate of Naturalization was lost or destroyed, you can apply for a new one.
Can I apply for a U.S. passport without a certificate of Citizenship?
Immigration: It is not necessary to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship to apply for a U.S. Passport. … You can apply directly for a U.S. passport. You need not get a USCIS Certificate of Citizenship first. Getting a passport is quicker and less costly than getting a USCIS certificate.
What are the reasons to be denied US citizenship?
Why US Citizenship can be denied?
- Not Registering For The Selective Service. …
- Having A Fraudulent Green Card. …
- Having A Criminal Record. …
- Lying on the Citizenship Application. …
- Failure To Pay Taxes. …
- Failure To Pay Child Support. …
- Proficiency In English. …
- Doing Poorly on the US Citizenship Interview.
What is the fastest way to get US citizenship?
Expedited Naturalization by Marriage
- Hold a green card for three years;
- Be married to and living with your US citizen spouse for three years;
- Live within the state that you’re applying in for three months; and.
- Meet all other requirements for US citizenship.
Why dual citizenship is bad?
Drawbacks of being a dual citizen include the potential for double taxation, the long and expensive process for obtaining dual citizenship, and the fact that you become bound by the laws of two nations.