A person is a citizen of Ghana by birth if he was born on 7th January 1993 or born after that date in or outside Ghana and at the date of his birth either of his parents or one grandparent was or is a citizen of Ghana.
What makes you a citizen of Ghana?
A person is a citizen of Ghana by birth if he was born in or outside Ghana on or after 22nd August 1969 and before 24th September 1979 and at the date of his birth either of his parents was a citizen of Ghana. (b) he was born outside Ghana and at the date of his birth either of his parents was a citizen of Ghana.
How much does it cost to become a citizen in Ghana?
Evidence required includes. Birth certificate (showing parents names). Application form DS-11 completed but not signed until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer. Application fee $115.00USD (or Ghana cedis equivalent).
Is Ghana a dual citizenship?
Dual citizenship is allowed in Ghana. This means that you can be a citizen of Ghana and also a citizen of other countries. Dual citizenship may be granted to anyone who is either born in Ghana or has parent(s) of Ghanaian origin.
How do I become a Ghana citizen by marriage?
Citizenship and Nationality
(1) A woman married to a man who is a citizen of Ghana or a man married to a woman who is a citizen of Ghana may, upon making an application in the manner prescribed by Parliament, be registered as a citizen of Ghana.
How can I get Ghana citizenship?
Ghanaian citizenship can be obtained by birth, naturalisation, registration and adoption. A person born in or outside Ghana after the coming into force of Ghana’s 1992 Constitution, shall become a citizen of Ghana at the date of his birth if either of his/her parents or grandparents is or was a citizen of Ghana.
What are the qualifications for citizenship?
i) Anyone can acquire citizenship if they are ordinarily a resident of India for 12 years (throughout 12 months preceding the date of application and 11 years in the aggregate) and fulfills other qualifications as stated in the Third Schedule of the Citizenship Act.
Why dual citizenship is bad?
Drawbacks of being a dual citizen include the potential for double taxation, the long and expensive process for obtaining dual citizenship, and the fact that you become bound by the laws of two nations.
Is Ghana giving free land?
“The belief that Black Americans will receive free money and free land is a false rumor,” McCrorey, who took self-quarantine in Ghana during the coronavirus pandemic, tells USA TODAY.
How can I move to Ghana?
How to Get a Residence Permit
- your CV.
- your medical report.
- your police report.
- your passport with a validity period of at least three months.
- two passport-size photographs.
- proof of travel insurance.
- the completed application form.
- your employment contract.
How can a foreigner get a passport in Ghana?
Registration/Naturalization as Citizen of Ghana
- Purchase (Application form 3)
- Copy of Passport (Bio Data Page)
- Current OR Indefinite Residence Permit page.
- Copy of (Spouse) Ghanaian Passport (Bio-data page)
- Consent letter from Spouse.
- Copy of marriage Certificate.
How do I become a dual citizen of Ghana?
Per the directive of The Ghana Immigration Service when travelling to Ghana, dual nationals could have their Ghana passports, for entry purposes without a visa, and their other passport for exit out of Ghana. Those travellers are to provide both passports at the immigration check point upon arrival in Ghana.
What do I need to know before moving to Ghana?
What you need to know before moving back to Ghana
- Life is much slower in Ghana.
- Property can be expensive.
- The cost of living is not cheap.
- Ghana is developing every year.
- Driving can be challenging.
How can I get permanent residency in Ghana?
Ghana – Apply for Permanent Resident Permit
- Step 1: Visit the GIS headquarters offices to start application. …
- Step 2: Complete and submit application form. …
- Step 3: Payment of application fees and submission of application for approval. …
- Step 4: Review and approval of application.
Can a foreigner buy a house in Ghana?
A foreigner can buy a house in Ghana. Foreigners can also purchase lands for sale in Ghana. However, lands sold to foreigners are done on a 50-year leasehold basis according to the laws of Ghana. Even if the foreigner has purchased a house, they will still have to pay for the land when the lease is due.
Who can get a Ghanaian passport?
Applicants for Ghanaian passports must be Citizens of Ghana by Birth, naturalisation, Registration, Adoption or by any Enactment. Documentary evidence must be provided in support of any such claim.